Cash Advance Tennessee
LEARN THE LATEST RULES AND REGULATIONS* ASSOCIATED WITH CASH ADVANCES AND PAYDAY LOANS IN Tennessee
In an attempt to stop cash advance lenders from operating 24 hours a day, certain city legislators in Nashville, Tennessee, attempted to pass a law that would have limited the number of hours a cash advance lender could be open. According to The Tennessean, the legislation didn’t pass because the council determined that the rules would only affect one business. The council didn’t like the idea of setting new rules applicable to just one company. While this law didn’t pass, state legislators have recently imposed several restrictions on cash advance lenders. Here are the latest cash advance laws in Tennessee. To begin your loan request right now, please visit our secure loan request form.
Tennessee Cash Advance State Statutes
Those wishing to take out a cash advance in Tennessee can apply for up to $500. The loan term can last for up to 31 days. The finance rate and fees for the loan can be up to 15-percent of the value of the check. For example, the finance charge for a 14-day, $100 loan is capped at $17.65 with an APR of 459-percent.
You can take out up to three loans at the same time, but only two of those can be from any one licensed lender. You cannot extend any of your cash advances. That means no rollovers. The lender is allowed to require you to pay court costs if you default on your loan and they take you to court. Criminal action is prohibited.
Tennessee Cash Advance Lenders by City
Most of the major cities in Tennessee are known for their legendary blues clubs, dance halls, and honky-tonks. You’ll also find people singing with joy as they leave their local cash advance lender with loan money in hand. We used Yelp to find a few cash advance locations in five of the biggest Tennessee cities. We do not claim to currently work with any of these lenders. Please note that this list of lenders is being provided for informational purposes only.
- Memphis – Fastest Cash Advance Loans (also offers check cashing), Cash Friendly Check Advance (also offers check cashing), Cash In A Flash Check Advance (also offers check cashing)
- Nashville – Advance Financial (also offers check cashing), Check Advance (also offers check cashing, Madison Title Loans (also offers auto title loans and check cashing),
- Knoxville – Cash One Check Advance (also offers check cashing), Check World (also offers check cashing), Check Advance Over Draft Service (also offers check cashing)
- Chattanooga – Check Into Cash (also offers check cashing), First American Cash Advance (also offers check cashing), First American Cash Advance, Signature Cash Advance
- Clarksville – Greenstreet Cash Advance, Advance America Cash Advance, Clarksville Title Loans & Cash Advance
According to a recent study from The Pew Charitable Trusts, Tennessee has about 14.9 cash advance stores for every 100,000 residents. That’s well above the country’s average, which is likely because Tennessee has a higher than average rate cap. You don’t have to research all the lenders in your area before you choose one, though. We can try to pair you with a reputable lender. All you need to do is fill out our online form. Then we’ll try to pair you with one of the lenders in our database of lenders that are licensed to operate in your state.
Tennessee Payday Loan Regulations
Cash advances are also known as payday loans. Both work the same, and they are regulated by the same state legislation.
- How Payday Loans Work – When you need emergency cash but can’t access traditional credit, one option might be requesting short-term, small-dollar funding. This type of loan gets you fast money that you are meant to pay back in a relatively short amount of time.
- Maximum Amount – Lenders cannot offer more than $500 for this type of funding.
- Repayment Extensions – Lenders are prohibited from offering you a rollover.
When choosing whether to work with a lender, consumers should make sure the company follows all Tennessee payday loan regulations. Lenders that are willing to break one rule may not be a safe place to enter one’s financial information. Fortunately, there are many reputable lenders in the state.
Short-term lenders will often work with those who may not be able to find funding elsewhere. Those with a poor or limited credit history may still qualify for a payday loan, as these types of lenders determine creditworthiness a little differently from the banks or other traditional lending sources. Instead of just looking at a consumer’s credit score, an alternative lender may consider other financial information, such as the consumer’s income source and how reliable it is. If you receive a steady income, then you may be approved for a short-term loan.
Tennessee State Economy
If you are interested in taking out a cash advance in Tennessee, you might also be interested in knowing about the current state economy. Right now, the state unemployment rate is at 5.8-percent. That’s less than half of the worst-ever unemployment rate, which was 12.9-percent back in January of 1983. The state’s best unemployment rate was 3.7-percent back in March of 2000.
Currently, Tennessee cash advance state regulations are tighter than in other states. This makes it safer for borrowers, but you should still be careful and be sure you’ll be able to pay off your loan before you apply for it.
*OpenCashAdvance.com strives to present accurate information on each state’s regulations; however, we do not guarantee accuracy of data as presented. Please contact your state’s department of finance or visit your state’s official website for the most accurate information and inquiries. You can find your state’s site here: www.tennessee.gov/tdfi/