How a Payday Loan Online Works
We help consumers look for a payday loan, which is a short-term loan provided by a payday lender. It is designed for emergency purposes, and it is characterized by two of its main benefits: speed and availability. Bad credit may not automatically disqualify an applicant. If you are interested in financing your emergency expenses, then you picked the perfect place to get started.
What is a Payday Loan?
A payday loan, also known as a cash advance, is often used as an alternative to traditional financing, such as personal loans from a bank or credit union. Payday loans are often used with the same purpose as personal loans. Both can cover expenses such as medical bills, debt consolidation, or otherwise big purchases.
Online payday loans are different from a traditional personal loan in a few ways, though. The main difference is in payday loans' basic terms.
Payday loans are considered short-term. That means they are due back quickly – usually as soon as the borrower's next paycheck arrives. For this reason, payday loans are best used to fund a short-term expense when you're strapped for cash between paychecks. Depending on state regulations, payday loans can sometimes be refinanced or rolled over at a fee if the borrower cannot repay the loan within the agreed-upon time frame. However, it is still best to pay off a payday loan as soon as possible, as the loan will continue to accumulate interest and fees until it is repaid in full.
Payday loans are high-interest. Another difference between payday loans and traditional personal loans is that payday lenders may charge a higher annual percentage rate (APR), which is the interest rate tacked onto the loan. Other fees that may be tacked on include finance charges, an origination fee, and rollover fees (if applicable). These fees are usually higher than what you will see with traditional loans.
Though a payday loan can sometimes be more expensive than a traditional personal loan, there are several reasons why consumers choose payday loans over bank loans.
For one, they are more readily available for consumers with little or no credit history. While all payday and cash advance lenders will check credit before approving an applicant for a loan, payday lenders often do not have strict credit requirements like banks and credit unions. Unlike bank loans, there may be no credit minimum to apply or even to be approved for a payday loan.
Additionally, payday loans are sometimes a quicker source of cash than personal loans. Often, the paperwork needed to obtain a bank loan is extensive and tedious. You may not even be approved in time, if at all, considering how strict traditional financiers' requirements can be. Personal bank loans take an average of one week to be approved and the cash dispersed, though the longest waiting period can stretch for over 30 days.
This speediness is attributed to the fact that payday lenders are direct lenders, meaning they supply the money themselves. This is unlike banks, which have to go through another company to supply borrowers with the loan amount.
Payday Loans at a Glance
- Distributed through a direct lender
- High-interest with additional fees
- Best used in case of emergency; not a long-term financial solution
- Can be used to cover most expenses
Online payday loans are regulated the same as loans from a brick-and-mortar payday lender.
Many states will place limits on the interest of a loan. Fifteen states have regulations that limit the APR on a small consumer loan to 36% or less, while most other states allow higher rates, according to the Center for Responsible Lending and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Many states will restrict the loan term and amount. Your state may even keep you from borrowing money if you have too many outstanding balances. To practice responsible lending, check your state's webpage to see what applies to your circumstance.
Where to Find a Fast Cash Loan Online
You don't need to go very far to request a payday or installment loan. We provide the service right here.
Using our loan request form is one of the easiest ways to start your search for a deferred deposit loan. Using our form does not require an origination fee or any other fees.
We streamlined the entire payday lending process. Just fill out all the fields you see in the following sections:
- Personal information - This is where you tell us about yourself. We try to be as unobtrusive as possible, but we need to know things like your address and birth date to meet our requirements to connect you with a lender.
- Employment information - Our lenders need to know how you will be able to pay back your loan. You don't have to have a job or a credit union account to be connected with a lender, but you need to have a dependable revenue stream, such as a gross monthly income.
- Bank information - A payday lender may deposit your loan money directly into your bank account and then withdraw the loan money plus the fees and interest at the end of your loan term, according to your repayment plan. This means the lender needs to know if you have an active bank account or not. This is why we ask you for your current banking information.
Your data is kept safe throughout the entire loan request process. We ensure this in the following ways:
- We only work with reputable lending companies.
- We protect your data with 256-bit encryption.
- Our staff is trained in the best practices for on-site data security.
If you have any questions about the loan request process, we invite you to contact us. Of course, the easiest way to understand how to use our service is to try it out for yourself. We have made it as easy as possible to get started. Simply click the "Get Started" button at the top of the page to see for yourself.
Working with a Lender
A payday lender can provide funding in a few different ways. One option is direct deposit. Through direct deposit, the funds are added to your bank account. This account can be a savings or checking account. This means that people can apply for payday loans with a savings account as well. You may receive the money in as soon as one business day.
Before receiving a short term loan, you should see a loan agreement. If the interest rate seems high, you may want to check with the credit bureaus to see your credit report. A low score could be the reason for higher rates. Using credit counseling services may help you increase your score.
Certain lenders let you request a prepaid debit card. Those without access to a credit union or checking account tend to prefer this option. The cards contain the full balance of the loan. Customers using this option may receive a PIN and other security measures to help ensure that transactions made with the card are legitimate.
Payday Loans with prepaid debit cards allow customers to get cash, giving them access to withdraw a part of their balance when necessary.
Taking a cash advance isn't free, however. When you borrow from the payday lending industry, a percentage fee might be subtracted from your balance as well. This origination fee will vary from lender to lender. In some cases, lenders may be willing to waive the fee.
Requesting short-term cash can help the borrower overcome financial struggles! You can get started right here.
How to Get a Payday Loan Online
You just need to provide a few documents to begin the process of applying for a payday loan! (Please note that we are not a lender.)
- Proof of employment
- Paychecks from previous weeks
- A valid ID
- Contact information
- Invoices and receipts relevant to your financial situation
Proof of employment is essential to many online payday loan vendors. You need to show that you receive a steady income. Without one, you will have trouble finding a lender open to working with you.
Past paychecks may be useful when qualifying as a payday borrower. It shows lenders that your earnings are consistent.
A valid ID may be required. A driver's license is preferred in most circumstances. Tax documents, like your W-2, may also be acceptable. Without a valid ID, you likely won't be able to work with a payday loan vendor.
Lenders will typically request multiple ways of contacting you or your immediate family. You will need to provide them your current address as well. If you're living with a friend or a family member, their address may be acceptable.
You may want to send the lender any invoices and receipts relevant to your financial struggles. These can show your financer that you have accurately represented the costs and expenses with which you're struggling. If these expenses are related to a disability or dependent, lenders may be willing to negotiate a larger personal loan.
Online payday loans can be effective ways to get urgent funds quickly. If you use them responsibly, they can be useful in managing your short-term expenses.
Factors to Consider
While payday loans are a great financial option to have, there are some factors to consider. Most notable is the interest rate, which can be higher than a credit card finance charge.
If your financial standings are bad at the time of your application, the lender may limit what you can purchase with your loan. This is rare, however. Typically, lenders do not tell you how to spend your money.
There are plenty of advantages to using a short term loan. They act as emergency cash when you cannot access basic credit. But if you work with a provider long enough, they may trust you enough to give you a larger loan.
Online outlets are a quick and straightforward outlet for fast cash when you can't make it to an in-store location. In fact, many prefer applying for an online small consumer loan.
Who Should Use Shorter-Duration Funding?
If you're in a specific age group, you may be more likely to take out a payday loan.
Here is a chart that shows the percentage of U.S. adults who have taken out a payday loan*:
According to a Pew Charitable Trust survey, adults aged 25 to 49 take out a deferred deposit loan at higher rates than the broader population. For those between 18 and 24 or older than 50, loan use tends to be lower than the general average. The same is true for those who are 70 and older.
Short-term payday lending makes sense for the following consumers:
- Those with bad credit who cannot receive traditional funding, such as a bank loan or a credit card
- Those who need money faster than those besides payday lending companies can provide
- Those who will be able to pay back the money on the specified due date
Most lenders have their list of requirements for loan eligibility. Meeting these requirements does not guarantee that you will receive a loan, but not meeting them will ensure rejection. Before applying for payday loans online, it is vital to make sure you meet these basic requirements:
- You should be a U.S. resident
- You should be at least 18 years of age
- Your bank account should be in good standing
- Your monthly income should be no less than $800
Some consumers think that mistakes in the past bar them from receiving short-term loans. This is not always true. Even if you have suffered bankruptcy, you may not be automatically disqualified for a loan. The lender will check your credit, but you may still receive the funding.
What are the Advantages of a Payday Loan Online?
There are three main benefits of using a shorter-duration loan:
Best of all, payday loans can often be used to cover any expense, from medical bills to debt consolidation to home repairs.
For millions of Americans with a low credit score, finding fast cash is not as easy as walking into a credit union and withdrawing the necessary funds. In fact, the underbanked have few options for acquiring money in an emergency.
Fortunately, a cash advance loan is available in many areas for those willing to pay a higher finance charge. When the bank says "no," consumers are sometimes still able to get their money.
A payday lender may deliver these funds as soon as one business day.
You have options. This is a $9 billion industry, after all. So, why should you choose us?
Besides providing on-screen results within minutes of submitting your loan request, here are some of the ways we stack up against the competition:
We Keep Your Data Safe
We take your data security seriously. All the information you enter into our site is protected with 256-bit encryption.
Whether you request or apply for funding, it is important to follow the best practices for a cash advance loan. There are easy ways to keep your data safe from identity theft, scams, and other dangers. Before entering your personal information into any site for an online payday loan, make sure it meets the requirements outlined in the following checklist.
- Only work with sites that have an SSL certificate. You can tell if a website is secure by checking for the "HTTPS" protocol. If it is missing the "S" after the "P," then you should look somewhere else for your small-dollar loan. Sites without an SSL may not offer a secure connection between the web server and your browser, providing an easy opportunity for cyber thieves to steal your information.
- The payday borrower should install internet security software onto your computer. Being proactive about internet safety requires some defensive work on your end. Even if you only visit the best small loan sites, you still risk losing your data if you do not have malware protection installed on your computer, as hackers can and will find ways inside your machine if you let your guard down.
- Regularly update your passwords on small-dollar loan sites. You should never use the same password twice. If you do, hackers will be able to access more of your accounts after cracking just one of them. It's best to use a variety of passwords while also updating them every several weeks.
- Request that lenders scrub your information after you finish working with them. Even a simple payday advance inquiry puts your data out there, entering your personal information onto all kinds of lists and ensuring that you will be reached out to again and again. One alternative to that is asking the site to remove all your personal information.
It's essential to respond quickly to messages from your bank and other outstanding accounts if they see any suspicious activity.
We May Help You Try to Find a Nearby Payday Loan Online
Using a local lender may increase the odds of being approved for a payday loan and receiving your loan proceeds. Local financial retailers sometimes provide:
- a more subjective process for determining loan worthiness
- access to products that are not always available online, such as terms available only in your location
- greater flexibility for receiving your loan money
Outlets that provide shorter-duration funding are generally more flexible and personable than conventional lenders. Likewise, their requirements for eligibility can be far less strict. A credit score may be less of a factor, and the time it takes for you to be approved is relatively quick.
They can be a viable option when unexpected and costly emergencies present themselves.
If a credit card or personal loan is unavailable to you, it might be best to take out a small-dollar loan to help you with your expenses. Payday loans can be used to pay for utilities, groceries, and medical bills. They can guide you in the right direction and get your life back on track!
Working with a reputable lender may help payday loan borrowers avoid a predatory loan. Those with bad credit are sometimes targeted with a high annual percentage rate on their loan proceeds. A trusted lender may provide a better payday advance experience.
The vast majority of those who look for an internet loan will not find funding that way. However, many of them still may find help from a location closer to home. When you use OpenCashAdvance, you may find a local financial retailer.
Our Lenders are Fast
Lenders may deposit the loan directly into your checking account. The transaction takes at least one business day, and the loan term lasts around a couple of weeks. The lenders we work with provide fast cash for emergencies.
After you receive your money, you can use the cash as you would spend other funds added to your checking account.
Please note that it can be harder to receive a payday loan without a checking account, as this is the preferred way to deposit your loan amount and eventually withdraw the money with the fees on the specified due date.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have processed more than 1 million payday loan requests through OpenCashAdvance.
Some of these consumers reach out to us with questions. Here are some of the most popular inquiries.
- IS A PAYDAY LOAN DIFFERENT FROM AN INSTALLMENT LOAN? Yes, an installment loan is paid back bit by bit over time. That's not the case with cash advance funding, which borrowers need to pay back in one lump sum on the specified due date.
- WHAT IS THE MOST I CAN BORROW? State regulations limit how much you can borrow through short-term funding in your location. Some cities have their own rules, which may be stricter than federal or state laws. Three-month payday loans are not available in some areas. A reputable lender might be able to help you navigate any restrictions in your area as you try to find a loan that fits with a responsible lending plan.
- WHAT IF I CANNOT PAY IT BACK ON TIME? Most lenders will try to automatically withdraw your payment from your checking account on the day your small loan is due. If you do not have enough gross monthly income in your account, you may receive a fee from your bank and the lender. These fees can make it even harder to pay back your loan, so it's essential to reach out to your lender ahead of time and try to work something out with them.
- DO YOU HAVE A COPY OF MY LENDING AGREEMENT? No, we are not a lender. If you need to see your loan agreement for any reason, you should reach out to your payday lender directly. It's important to keep a copy of this documentation for your records. Before signing a loan agreement, you should understand the actual cost of the loan, as well as the penalties for missing a payment.
- HOW HIGH DOES MY CREDIT SCORE NEED TO BE? A payday borrower needs to pay every finance charge on time. Lenders have different ways to determine if a consumer will be able to do this. A solid credit report is just one indication of creditworthiness, though. The payday lender may also look at the applicant's gross monthly income.
- DO PAYDAY LOAN BORROWERS PAY AN ORIGINATION FEE? The payday lending industry looks for many ways to generate loan proceeds. Sometimes, this translates to a higher annual percentage rate. The repayment plan on a deferred deposit loan may also include other fees.
- HOW CAN I MANAGE MY PAYDAY LOAN DEBT? The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau recommends using caution when borrowing money. It is best to avoid a predatory loan and get credit counseling when necessary.
Payday loan debt needs to be paid back on time. That means finding a repayment plan that works for you. Always pay back cash advances with money you already have, as borrowing money to pay off debt multiplies the interest owed, making it harder to escape the debt. If you are responsible with your money, payday loans may be your best bet to cover sudden expenses.
We hope we can help you find a small loan. Even if the credit bureaus have made it hard for you to find an advance loan in the past, we'll do our best to help you try to find an online payday loan.